Members and Coaches are welcome to attend board meetings to find out what is going on with the Figure Skating Club of Bloomington. If you have topics for discussion for a board meeting, please contact the president at least one week prior to request additional agenda items. Board meetings are held at the Bloomington Ice Garden 3600 West 98th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
Board Meeting Minutes and Financial Documents available upon request.
Finding Inspiration in Every Turn
Made up of parents, former skaters, US figure skating officials and Coaches
management of the club and its property.
Suspend any member for violating the
bylaws or regulations of the club,
Ensuring the club’s goals and mission are being
supported by the board
Working with appropriate members to oversee
the budget and club’s finances
Leading the board during and outside board meetings
May call special meetings
Sanction Chair is responsible tomake sure that events being sponsored by the club aresanctioned, This includes competitions andperformances.
Assist the president in the discharge of his/her duties
and in the president’s absence to assume his/her duties and
officiate in his/her stead.
Other specific duties include:
• Lead board meetings if president is absent
• Support the president in strategic planning
Assist in applications for membership to the club.
• Update address changes for club members
• Distribute information to prospective members
Keep the minutes of the meetings of the club and of the Board of Directors and supervise all reports.
• Supervise correspondence of the club
• Reserve rooms for all meetings
• Responsible for club handbook updates
• Notify U.S. Figure Skating of club officer and board changes
Treasurer shall have charge of the funds of
the club and shall keep a record of all receipts
and render a written report when requested by the president or Board of Directors.
Other specific duties include:
• Pay out reimbursements
• Keep track of checkbook
• Report to president on finances
• Be responsible for handling tax issue of club or
for finding a resource to handle these issues
• Help in budgeting process for the club and present to board for approval
• Help provide a checks and balance system for
the club’s finances
• Make bank deposits and do all bank dealings
• Understand nonprofit organization financial
Fund Raising and Resource Development
Oversee and delegate campaigns to
assist in raising funds for the club.
Help Guide the process that is focused on
Engage our local
community and other stakeholders in deliberately building our program and club capacity
Work with volunteer coordinator to set up needs to be entered into the software
Ensures the club compliant with current SkateSafe policies and
procedures, serves as the club’s primary SkateSafe contact for
U.S. Figure Skating and oversees the implementation of
educational programs for all club members, their
parents/guardians and coaches.
SkateSafe Compliance Chair performs other
functions as necessary to fulfill U.S. Figure Skating’s
continuing efforts to foster a safe, healthy and positive
environment for its members
and all participants.